Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sore losers should be ashamed of themselves

I listen to ESPN Radio probably more than I should. I'm a sports geek like that. Today I was listening to Colin Cowherd. I'm not really a big fan of his, especially after his moronic statements about former UK star/current Wizards player John Wall, but this story he told got my attention.

This story about an 8 year old and his dad going to a football game, the boy's first, and the treatment he received after leaving the stadium.

See this boy was a fan of the winning team, which happened to be the visitor that day. Because this boy and his dad were fans of the winning team, the visitor, they were treated like crap. Obscenities were yelled, food was thrown and a little boy was hurt.

At his very first NFL game.

Those fans that did those horrible things are an embarrassment to fans everywhere. That is not the kind of person I want to be compared to as a sports fan. I think of myself as pretty passionate. After all, I am a UK fan, we aren't used to losing. I'm not naive in thinking that UK fans are sweet in a loss. I'm sure there are some that drink too much and can become complete a-holes. But causing injury to a little boy is a whole separate class of lowlife.

No one likes a sore loser. Those fans that chose to tackle a little boy? Sorest losers of them all. Be ashamed, Cleveland. Be very ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment