Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010 is not being nice to me...

... and we are only 5 days into the new year.

It started off so well. Big Blue Daddy and I went out for New Year's Eve without kids for the first time in forever with another couple. Drinking was involved and the other couple started a bit earlier than we did. We went to Harry's and ate appetizers and drinks. Yummy stuff! We actually went home before midnight and managed to stay awake until 12:05 before we crashed. After kids, you forget how to stay up late. Even got to sleep in the next day and get the Christmas decorations down before the kids returned, sick.

And that's when things started downhill.

Three rejection letters for jobs, one I thought I had for sure.

Two sick kids. Logan's week to bring snacks means I get up early after a rough night and take them in.

Buying the aforementioned snacks, the battery in my car died. It's colder than cold outside.

Remembering that the tags on one car expired in December. DOH! Can't take sick kids to renew them.

So I'm definitely not starting the year off on the right foot. I'm not ready to give up on you yet, 2010. I'm positive there are good things in my future. I just know it. I know the sickness in my house won't last forever. I know Big Blue Daddy will be promoted or he will find a job where he's appreciated. I'm going to Disney World for Logan's birthday. I will have a job that I love. It's all going to turn around soon.

I just know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment