Monday, April 4, 2011

Mr. Smarty Pants

We had L's parent-teacher conference last week. As a parent who is new to this whole gig, I still don't know what to expect at these things. We know that L is pretty good at this whole school thing but his behavior has been an issue in the past. I'm always worried of more of that type of talk.

This conference brought us facing a new decision. His teacher feels that he is very gifted academically and wants us to consider him for the gifted and talented program.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

On one hand, he still complains of boredom at times. This would give him an opportunity to explore new things and continue to grow. On the other hand, he's in kindergarten. If we complete the application now, he would be enrolled at the start of first grade.

I'm concerned that it might be too early to start this. Am I being silly? Overprotective?

This is such a hard decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment